CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

A Listen To Michael Jackson's 25th Anniversary of Thriller



I was able to hear the 25th Anniversary of Michael Jackson's Thriller last night through a friend's download. Even though I wasn't really that fond of Michael Jackson, I was curious how new artists will interpret his songs. I guess the Gloved One would need to reenergize his floundering career. His latest album was a disaster, a pale comparison to his previous efforts. One such effort is a small little album named "Thriller".

Now that THAT megamillion album is as old as some of my officemates, I guess it's time to reintroduce that cash cow to new hapless (and more wary) audiences.

I wasn't interested in the first half of the album. But tracks 10-15 was a mixed bag. I greatly enjoyed "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" with Akon and Will.I.Am I'm playing it over and over. "Beat It" with Fergie seemed just like a rerecording with another voice laid in. I was sick of "Billie Jean" when I was a tween. It's been played to death then. So now I'm wary. Listening to the refreshed version now and I must say, that I'm still sick of it. "Billie Jean" redux is now slower and restrained with Kanye West making sounds with Michael in the track. But another gem was the voice over work of the late great Vincent Price for title track.

So should you buy it? Well, if you're nostalgic with the Eighties or a Michael Jackson fan, then you'd have a field day here. Otherwise just listen to "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" in the radio.

0 comments: