CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Grey Gardens movie


Speaking of Boston accent. Big Edie Beale and Little Edie Beale will be immortalized and this time they will be committed on celluloid, again. Three times the charm, I guess. As much as I love Grey Gardens, I was disappointed that they chose Drew Barrymore to play Little Edie. First of all, she's way too young. Maybe the producers would just like to show the mother and daughter during the tumultuous early Seventies when they made headlines in the National Enquirer and New York magazine for their health hazard of a mansion. Little Edie would have been in her early Forties by then. Even though Little Edie still had a pretty youthful face, somebody like Marcia Cross or even Julianne Moore would have been more appropriate for the part. On the other hand, Jessica Lange playing Big Edie and Jeanne Triplehorne playing Jackie O (for the second time?) seemed just right. I wonder if Christine Ebersole and Mary Louise Wilson will have cameos. Michael Sucsy directs.

Ugh, looking into releases about the movie production, it will be a fictionalized account. Hmmmm, I wonder how this will fare if Terry Gilliam gets to direct this instead.

The movie is currently in production. And we hope to see it pirated DVD by 2009. That is, if it pricks the attention of the pirates. Cross fingers.



0 comments: