Just this evening, I dreamt that I was a contestant in the Price Is Right. Drew Carey wasn't there yet and it was Bob Barker who hosted the show. My name was suddenly called out and I tried my best to look excited. But I was more startled seeing myself in this scenario.
The item up for bid was a piece of beef. I don't remember which part of the beef it was but I remembered the white people beside me oohing and aahing like it's an expensive piece of jewelry.
And then I remembered my conversation with my housemate Melchor about a piece of beef he was planning to buy. He was bitching about how a kilo of beef would cost him P220 and he was fretting how expensive it was for him. The beef was supposed to be his contribution to the family Noche Buena at his home. Melchor will always be a cheapskate bastard. But he will always have money for Starbucks coffee.
So, when it was time for me to make a bid, I called out P220. Bob Barker looked befuddled on what I had said. I suddenly heard a laugh track and the P.A. trying to make everyone in the studio audience laugh at me. I just smiled my evil smile and raised my two hands in defiance.
But instead of continuing the game, all the contestants suddenly had a grim look on their faces and started running to the stage. They were heading towards Bob Barker. Bob Barker seemed like he was in a trance. He just stared at the commotion, that's coming right at him. One of the female contestants -- a big chubby girl who looked like a Caucasian version of one of the former iWeb HR assistants -- started screaming this ghoulish low-voiced throaty scream. She was running towards Barker and had raised her arm to reveal a kitchen knife. It was a Solingen and brand new. It can cut through anything!
I was taken aback by this as the woman jumped on Bob Barker and began stabbing him on the chest. Another group of contestants (who had now become a whole throng of people) ran towards the fallen game show host and stabbed him too.
Blood had suddenly spilled out of the floor where Barker was and was creeping towards me. The studio audience were now laughing and cackling. I heard one scream that I shouldn't let the blood reach me.
So I ran. The contestants who were now feasting on the carcass of what was once Bob Barker saw me run. There was a rabid look on their faces. Their mouths were dripping with blood, and their teeth had now become jagged. They looked like those vampires who feasted on those poor Alaskan villagers in that Josh Hartnett movie.
I ran even faster. They had started to chase me. Running away would be difficult,because the studio had narrow hallways and I didn't know where the exit was.
The woman who took first blood from Bob Barker was now a few inches behind me and she had slashed the back of my shirt. I could feel the wound gaping open and blood had started trickling in. I whispered a prayer to Buddha to keep me safe.
I then felt a strong tug at my back as I saw something shiny hit my shoulder blade. Meanwhile, I was hearing Christmas carols being sung. It was the studio contestants. They were singing "Silent Night" in the most unsettling manner, as if they were chanting. The pain in my shoulder was making my arm numb and soft.
A few yards away, I saw a shovel and grabbed it. I turned and raised the shovel towards the crazed woman who was running after me. There was a full second when I stopped to see the woman. She didn't looked human anymore. Her mouth was all jagged teeth. Her nose was gone. And there were pieces of meat sticking in her mouth and skin. She was gritting her teeth while making a rough groaning sound with her throat.
I shoved the shovel straight towards her face and the sharp front of the shovel cut through her mouth and had inadvertently chopped off her lower jaw. She screamed and tried stabbing me. She managed to nick my forearm. The woman started gurgling blood as she fell down the carpet floor. It was damp and smelt like Lysol.
As I knelt down beside the woman, her eyes had begun to turn white. She was convulsing, as her torso began to heave and tremble. She was staring at me the whole time as her life slowly ebbed away. I can only hold her hand as she slowly drifted to unconsciousness.
Then I woke up.
MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
A Christmas Dream
Posted by Paratwa at 12/25/2007 11:34:00 AM
Labels: Bob Barker, carnage, dream, The Price Is Right
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment