On a whim, I managed to create a whole series of paintings on paper and gouache on imaginary flowers. It was a reaction to all the boring photo-realistic renderings of flowers that I saw in the Megamall galleries. So in retaliation, I made these. My irritation had been so apparent, I realized that I had done 80 of these buggers. I gave some to my aunt in the UK and a couple more to friends. A friend of a friend showed a few to this agent who represented this other friend and voila! I have a new gig drawing these wacky little flora for a book they're doing.
My friend Christian liked these drawings so much that he's thinking of making them into funky wallpaper. How cool would that be?
Anyway, I am commissioned to produce fifteen paintings (3 feet x 3 feet illustrations) and submit them before Christmastime. I just started last week and have made some progress.
I will ask permission if I can post one or two here in the future.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Flowers On Acid Project
Posted by Paratwa at 9/17/2007 03:13:00 PM
Labels: acid trip, flora, flowers, funky flowers, paintings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment